Cell-Hi Algal Nutrient Media
The Cell-Hi range of algal cultivation medium provides all the necessary nutrients, trace elements and vitamins stabilised within a formulation that when re-constituted provides everything needed for optimal algal growth. Use the powdered medium according to the Cell-Hi product sheet. Thereafter, the soluble powder can be stored in a cool dark place or refrigerator for many months. For advanced and tubular reactors requiring much higher algal concentrations just use at 2 to 5 times the standard concentration.
- Cell-Hi F2P is based on the Guillard F/2 medium and has exactly the same N, P trace element and vitamin content. Most people in aquaculture use this – 1 kg makes 10,000 litres culture medium at F/2 strength.
- Cell-Hi WP is based on the Walnes medium and has exactly the same N, P trace element and vitamin content. Walnes is recommended by the UK Culture Collection for algae and protozoa. It is particularly good for flagellate algae such as isochrysis and tetraselmis – 1.5 kg makes 10,000 litres culture medium at Walnes strength.
- Cell-Hi JW is based on Jaworski medium and is for cyanobacteria, liquid and powder.
- Cell-Hi HP a nutrient blend that is based on an enriched freshwater formulation for the growth of Haematococcus pluvialis, but can also be used for other high value freshwater algae.
- Cell-Hi SP another newly formulated blend that is based on a modified Zarrouk’s medium for the growth of Spirulina spp.
- Cell-Hi Bio, a high nitrogen N-P-K fertilizer made exclusively from plant based material, which does not contain urea. Derived from a product approved for use in controlled input organic farms by the Soil Association.
- Cell-Hi TeVit a formulation of all the necessary micronutrients and trace elements required to supplement growth on a wide range of minimal media formulations.
For diatoms add 30 grams of sodium metasilicate for each 1000 litres of culture water after adding the Cell-Hi.
- All nutrients are available in concentrated liquid form upon request.
- See the Cell-Hi product sheet for details on the optimal operational concentration.
For diatoms just add 30 grams of sodium metasilicate for each 1000 litres of culture water after adding the Cell-Hi.
- Cell-Hi Bio, a high nitrogen N-P-K fertilizer made exclusively from plant based material, which does not contain urea. Derived from a product approved for use in controlled input organic farms by the Soil Association. A by-product of food production which contains a broad range of beneficial micronutrients.
Please contact our technical sales team for performance data and technical literature.